Notice in hand reads:
We noticed the items checked below and are asking for your help in keeping appearances.
- Pick up toys and flower pots
- We do not allow children to draw or color with sidewalk chalk. Clean off the chalk
- We will inspect on Friday!
My interpretation of the above:
- Flower pots and toys are an eye sore! So please do away with them. We cannot afford to have our patios and balconies looking wee bit pretty or child friendly.
- To hell with children’s creativity and innocence. We would rather “maintain appearances” than let children be children.
Will you, the reader have a problem if you were to see sidewalk chalk art as you walked around in your neighborhood? As FYI -We used this mode of expression only outside our house and not anywhere else. This was harmless doodling by toddlers. So nothing offensive or maligning…